Wednesday, May 10

photos today

Last night it rained which often makes the sea all blue and sparkley the next day.
Gennaro the fisherman doing something strange with a bucket of dead fish.

Our very non Italian dinner of bangers and mash! Carlo's mum would have a fit if she saw what I fed her precious son sometimes. Anything not Italian is treated as highly suspicious, hence why our longstanding invite for lunch has never been accepted!
Today I met another blogger who is travelling round Italy for a few weeks. She came to find me while I was at work, which was very nice of her.I didn't take a photo and I won't say her name because she doesn't reveal who she is on her blog, but I was very happy to meet her! http://sistergirltales.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. sorry to pop in with a random comment, but i am a fellow italiphile (is that even a word?), and i recently came across a fledgling magazine/website about italy that i want to promote b/c it seems really cool, but might not have a foothold anywhere. it's called bene (benemag.com). it was given to me free at a restaurant in new york (i trulli). check it out--it would be a shame if it ends up falling by the wayside. this blog rules btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photo of the sea. You are one lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki! it was so good to meet you yesterday. I did go to Next2 last night. Excellent drinks and now getting ready to catch the bus to Montepertuso. I am going to try and post later. Buona gionata and thanks for all the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. peter--that mag is beautiful, i was emailed a copy too!
    nicky say hi to nyc for me, i'd love to meet her, but she is vrey busy. anyway, i wouldn't complain too much about the unaccepted invitation--you're better off without their suspicious looks in your house:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turning down a free lunch?! she must be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bangers form Sainsburys, UK. My freezer is full of English sausages and bacon! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love "bangers and mash!" My father's side of the family is from England/Ireland, and my mother would make this dish for him when I was younger. So yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Nicki I have at last seen your web site it's really nice and enjoyed looking at all the photos and it's strange to see myself and so many people I konw in it at least you haven't pit any terrible pictures of me in my drunken moments! Keep up the good work and see ypu tomorrow on the banchina for another exciting afternnon!! Baci Lara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh god I've just read my comment and it's full of mistakes how imbarissing!!!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...