Wednesday, July 12

frisky


For the last few weeks we have had no hot water at home. It is warm enough to endure cold showers and we might even save a bit of money! Sometimes to save even more money, the three of us all bundle into the shower together, three for the price of one.

But one evening something strange happened during our family shower. Over the spray of the water I heard the tinkle of the windchimes that hang above the front door. Someone had opened the door. Carlo jumped out of the shower, grabbing a small towel to wrap around his bits. He walked out of the bathroom and found a little old lady sitting on the sofa.

The old lady in question is known as the Contessa. She is in her 80's, but still dresses very elegantly with full make-up and inappropriate shoes for her age and steadiness. She tremors and shakes and mutters under her breath. She has at least 200 steps up to her apartment, but slowly, slowly she climbs those stairs every day with great dignity.

For some reason though, she was now sitting on our sofa.
“Signora?” said Carlo, dripping suds onto the floor.
“Ah, there you are,” she said, “I didn't want to disturb you, so I thought I would just wait.”
“Er, ok, so what can I do for you?”
She had come to discuss cemetarial matters,and afterwards, as she stood up to leave, a laviscious look came into her eye. She took a good long look at him, standing there wet, with a small towel around his waist. Her eyes slowly travelled over his body, and as she turned to walk out she muttered to herself loudly.
“Hmm, not bad, he's not bad at all...”

12 comments:

  1. Naughty old woman!! *lol* Reminds me of when I was working in elderly care and even the most senile of the old women couldn't take their eyes off the TV when Ricky Martin was on... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot water is the only luxury I cannot live without. I would die first before having a cold shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious. I can't believe Grandma was checking out your man.

    How did she get into the house in the first place? Are there no locks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story! You should probably start locking the doors though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess Grandma's like handsome young men too? LOL. Is that your shower curtain? I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna be like that when I'm in my 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knowing contessa...I am laughing even harder!
    God bless her at her age to have the nerve...

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops I forgot to say, that is my brothers shower curtain in his flat in London. He probably bought it in New York somewhere!
    About the locks, it gets hot in the house so we often leave the front door and the back window open to get some air in...guess we should close it when we're in the shower!
    Dollyna, you're not gonna tell the contessa that I wrote that are you?!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW go contessa! and yes nice curtain- i bet from the inside it feels like the guys are in the shower with you- ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you kidding me????
    I would NEVER do such a thing,I am private and respect your privacy.
    Not to worry, you must feel absolutely free to say whatever you want, the fact that I may know most of what you say is irrelevant. I simply enjoy your writing, would not report it though.
    Go on then girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe we all need a pic of Carlo and the towel so we can see if the Contessa's eyesight is alright?? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...