Thursday, July 20

lunch in a stream

We can't go and sit on the beach all day every time we have a day off so today we did something new. We caught the boat to Amalfi. It was very hot and crowded there, full of tourists, so...

we climbed up and up into the valley behind the town. It is called the Valle dei Mulini, the Valley of Mills, as this is where there used to be large paper mills. Look, we saw a wall pretending it was a horse...
It was a long climb and just as we were thinking that we had taken the wrong path, we turned a corner and found this...

We decided to have lunch right in the middle of 2 streams, with our feet dangling in the water, the water bottle cooling amongst the most enormous tadpoles I have ever seen (they weren't scary though, they were only tadpoles!)
From the moment we climbed up the pathway until we went back down into town we only saw 4 people. This place was calm, clean, nature at its best and probably unchanged for hundreds of years. Lets hope it stays that way..

15 comments:

  1. This is such a captivating blog. I've been reading it every day for the last week. I visited Positano for a week a few years back, and I can't tell you how I envy you. I dream of living somewhere along that coast.

    Best wishes,
    William, Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a great day off i think i have to get back for a trip to amalfi because last time i was one of the tourists under the umbrelloni...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine that anyone could be there and see that and not fall in love. Is that possible, is there such a person?

    I have those butterflies in my stomach again, as every time I see a photo from Amalfi. The butterflies who want to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surely amidst the hundreds of people who live here and don't have a clue of where this place is!
    I always hated Amalfi but promise to go look for this paradise...
    thank you darling for showing us all the best of the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I could think is "Annika must have butterflies in her stomach as she reads this"

    Beautiful! I am so addicted to this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! And so romantic! (And not in that contrived way.. but in the way you have fun in a beautiful place :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing! Once again, no competition from the view in my office... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is great, Nicki!I cannot watch this images.. I am gonna cry..I voluntary left this place for Germany..:-(
    Saluti da Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaw, shucks! Thanks guys! I mean it...I appreciate your feedback loads, I thought I had scared everyone away with the cemetary tale, so its nice to hear you are still around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! I cannot imagine living in such a beautiful place.

    After I returned to Los Angeles from Positano I was depressed. For some reason the strip malls here are not as bella.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! I too love your blog and look forward to reading it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That waterfall looks so peaceful and secluded. Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your words and pictures are enchanting - I am an avid reader! Although I live in Italy- my city is nothing near as gorgeous as your village- don't ever forget how lucky you are ! keep up the excellent work my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Again, jealous!!

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey babe I'm trying to email you but they keep bouncing because your mailbox is full!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...