Wednesday, November 22

alone

Back in Italy, we started sorting through all the home videos, searching for clips of my mum, to compile onto DVD for my Dad. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch the films, but got sucked in seeing Skye as a six week old baby. In the end watching home videos of mum felt completely normal.

Then the phone rang. It was the hospital, summoning Carlo, as there was a free bed. He was told to go immediatly otherwise risk losing the bed and the chance to have the steel pins removed from his ankle. So he has gone, and will be away for a couple of days. I find myself alone for the first time in almost a month. I grab a couple of paintbrushes, move a mattress and some pillows, and set about painting Skyes bed the lilac and bubblegum pink that she has requested. When she falls asleep in Carlos side of the big bed tonight, I shall sit down with some wine and watch back to back episodes of Lost2.

8 comments:

  1. O.M.G.
    I truly, honestly cannot believe these witches. And I won't add another word.
    Isn't it lovely to be back in this crazy place??? And what horrible timing with Carlo going away...but you don't let anything take you down...paint a room...my God, is there and end to what you can do??? I wouldn't know how to hold a paint brush.
    Thumbs definitely UP for you.
    And...what about the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate about the sister-in-laws. When my fathr died my sister-in -laws never said anything to me. It's amazing how self centered and clueless some families can be. You're stronger than all of them and know what's important and what's not. I wish you the best now that you are back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to the evil sisters-in-law story. Although I don't have one, I have been around enough Italian women of our age group to understand the cattiness and frivolity of their daily chatter to one another. Don't even waste your precious energy on women like that. They will never change and you will be the better for it.

    Hope to see pics of Poppy's room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeez! What nightmarish sister-in-laws! Do they have kitty claws and hiss as well!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't rain but it pours for you. I wish you had more support from Carlo's side of the family. It's awful putting up with people like that...Keeping yourself busy is a good way of coping with things but don't overload yourself, find time to relax or things may snowball. Good luck with Carlo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to Carlo - that was quick though - I just had my metal bits taken out after almost 3 years! Take no notice of the SIL's they obviously have too much time on their hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if your SILs and my mom are related? Evil, evil people.

    So... Carlo's in the hospital. Bad timing it may seem, but at the same time I wonder if it's not truly the opposite. You haven't been alone in a month! People need some time alone every once in a while.
    Let us see the bed when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like csi and some wine :) or even better, prison break. glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...