Tuesday, December 12

Quick trip

If all goes well, I should be in New York at 11pm local time this evening. I have a standby ticket which won't be confirmed until last minute. That is why I have decided not to try and organise meeting anyone when I am there. I was going to leave a message here, saying 'if you want to meet me I'll be at ....bar at 1300' but first I couldn't decide which bar, and secondly I realised that it would annoy people if they made plans and then I didn't manage to get on the flight.

So, tomorrow morning I will be up bright and early, pounding the pavements...sorry, sidewalks, with my shopping list. I still have hopes to meet up with at least one other blogger, but she's right up the other end of Manhattan and can't come to me, so it depends how much time is left. I have to be back at the hotel at 1800, ready to leave.

I will be home by about 8am Thursday morning, where Carlo will be tucked up in bed waiting. He flies in from Italy tomorrow, while I am away..it could be considered mean of me not to be there waiting for him....but I know he wouldn't give up a free trip anywhere either!

10 comments:

  1. Thumbs up for you. I am glad you decided to take off.
    While there stop a second and think of me, I am a NY addicted, literally. Every day I talk about it, how I would love ot move there, my family can't stand me anymore.
    But I am here.
    Today is sunny, again. 22°C just in case you wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure and see some of the Christmas holiday displays and activities! Whatever you do, you will have fun. NY has an energy that is truly exhilerating. Buono viaggio, Nicki! I can't wait to hear all about it on your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole here from NYC..just wishing you a safe trip. It would've been so cool to meet you..anyway, ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhaaa you wild woman you! weather should be nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a WONDERFUL time in good ol' NYC. I'm only sorry it isn't for longer. I would like to have met you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, as I said in a comment to one of your other blogs, I came across your blog by accident as the result of a google search. But I'm so glad I did. I have just finished reading the whole thing by starting with the earliest and working up to the present day. You really have an amazing life(!) and I'm hoping that after my MA I'll embark on a journey similar to yours to find that little special bit of the world that I can learn to call my home. I'm looking forward to reading more blogs as they are posted :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a FANTASTIC time..... and make sure you take heaps of photos for us!

    Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. For your next post, can we have a pici of Carlo tucked in bed?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicki - I'm sorry I missed you. Please let me know when you come back to NYC again and we will meet up! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...