Sunday, February 18

Come on, I'll take you for a little walk with some lovely views. First we have to catch the bus up to the village above town. We get off the bus at the stop just before the village square, there's a little mechanic garage next to the bus stop. There are some steps going down straight ahead of us, that's where we're going, and when the path splits we take a left.
The steps are big and uneven, be careful you don't trip and fall. I did once and after a couple of somersaults I emerged unscathed except that a huge hole had been ripped into the bottom of my jeans. I had to tie my jacket round my waist to hide my bum.
Down we go past a scattering of houses with yappy dogs sitting on the porches. The sea stretches out infront of us and gardens of olive trees surround us. The sounds from the village above start to fade away.

The steps have evened out now, they've been built more recently but there is no wall or handrail to keep you from tumbling over the edge. It's a long way down, but today the sea has turned that beautiful turquoise colour that makes you long to swim in it.
The steps turn towards the right and there is Positano, rearing its' head through the trees. Incidentally, this is a wonderful spot to watch the Ferragosto fireworks in August if you want to get away from the crowds.
Down a little bit more, and below to your left is the cemetary. I'm going to stop off here and see what Carlo is doing. We'll go for another walk soon, OK?

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow....thiswas lovely...thanks for taking me along!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to mention that we do have THE MOST beautiful cemetery in the whole wide world. The setting is so spectacular that you forget you're in a cemetery...isn't it?
    It was a gorgeous day yesterday, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a photo of the cemetery?

    With views like that anyone would be inspired to take long, long walks. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. Actually seeing it yourself must be a thousand times better too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely breathtaking views! Like a fairytale, only it's reality for you and everyone who lives there! So lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The view is absolutely breathtaking. I can confirm that you made the right choice when you left this dreary island. It's gloomy as usual. And the sea is grey.

    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photos. I felt like I was taking the walk with you, then I snapped back to reality. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What breathtaking views. I will definitely take this walk the next time I am in Positano. Look forward to the next walk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mammamiachebellooooo! :)

    love it! uuuh uuh, a request! on your next walk if you stop by for an espresso - take a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes please! Take us on another walk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I passed some days on Costa Amalfitana in past september and I loved so much...I would like to do a walk like your !
    Please an other !
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you're good.....

    That's Carlo's office? Not too shabby......!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annika,
    the last shot IS the cemetery!
    I am telling you, it is gorgeous...
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...