Thursday, April 26

just right


Oh dear...It's pouring with rain, and Annika and Co have gone off to Pompei for the day. I hope they took their waterproofs!

Yesterday we caught the ferry to Amalfi. Annika stood silently, gazing out of the window as we drew near the town of her dreams. She didn't say a word as we rounded the last corner and Amalfi came into view. She didn't say anything as we climbed off the gangplank and onto the pier. She rummaged around in her bag and pulled out her camera, then as our children danced around hand in hand before us she started taking photos.

We walked slowly through the town, stopping for caffe lattes and ice creams in a harbour side bar. We watched a bride climb the steps up to the dominating Cathedral while hundreds of onlookers cheered and clapped. We wandered through small alleyways and browsed in the touristy shops. Finally we stopped for lunch in a little trattoria at the back of the town,away from the crowded centre. Annikas husband took the kids to wsh their hands. I looked at her expectantly, she looked at me and sighed, "This feels just right. It is exactly as I thought it would be."

12 comments:

  1. yep we just witnessed another one "fall" REally that area is SO gorgeous it should be ILLEGAL having so much beauty congregated in one region!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a well-written post. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are sharing the emotion of a living dream.....must be great to be with a friend when he/she is havinghis/her dream come true.
    Big big hugs, manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you witnessed her dream come true! I am so very happy it was just what she was hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess we are all relieved now...
    Sorry Annika, I did not mean to butcher your name yesterday, I am a very fast typer and I rarely check on my typos...ooops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's having a bad luck with the weather in Amalfi coast, It was perfect almost all month. I hope she's enjoyng the trip anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That brought tears to my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sigh*

    What a lovely sentiment to have witnessed and then shared!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like Poppy and Alexander are getting along just fine too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds a wonderful life you have there in Italy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy that Annika's dream has met her expectations. It is so nice to read something so happy and postive compared to all of the bad things going on in the world today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Discovered Italy blogs recently, including yours and Annika's.
    What yummy entertainment; beats Eastenders hand down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...