Wednesday, May 30



"Mummy! I think I want to have a sister."
"No."
"But Mummy, I want one! We have to go to the shop and get one."
"No."
"But I want to choose a sister!"
"No. I never had a sister and neither did Daddy, so you don't need one either."
"Well can we go to the beach instead then?"
(Phew)

Me and the teacher:
"Can you tell me when the school closes for the summer?"
"Oh, no! We haven't decided that yet. We have to decide that with calm and precision."
(Huh?)
The next day, teacher to me:
"We have decided. The school will stay open until the end of June but seeing as the big school finishes on the 13th there will probably be less children so it won't be worth bringing them."
(Okaaay)

11 comments:

  1. Oh to live in a small town where they make their decisions on the fly, according to whatever whim is catching......

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love these little snippets of conversations! are those nets in the first photo? they look like the inside strings of a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the most beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing them. Your daughter's school sounds very Italian. At my Uni in Perugia when it was time for exams, they hadn't even scheduled them officially until the week before. And even then, everything was double-booked and overlapped. It was all a nightmare. But I did know the last day of school. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. reminds me about what the professor said when I was in staying Firenze... If you like having exact answers, you don't want to live in Italy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely spring photos! ...My sister wants 10 kids - She's had one every year of her marriage almost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTF!!! there is no official end of school date? is there no board of education that decides these things? teachers just randomly pick a date? how screwy is that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures are really beautiful! Are you now using your new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicki, love your shots!
    And yes, it is a yearly quest about when the school will open and when will it close...
    almost there...boat is roaring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love those photos, esp. the one with the kitten.

    You dodged the bullet on the "let's get a sister at the store" plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh you have you hands full with Poppy,wait till she starts asking about the birds and the bees! So cute,I really miss that age.

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the colours in the top picture!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...