Sunday, May 13

real England?

Ye Olde water pump on the village green:
Ye Olde Morris Dancers in the village square complete with rings on their fingers and bells on their toes:

Ye Olde dark thunderclouds hanging threateningly over the cottages and the village pub, leaving the village green strangely deserted on a Satureday afternoon.


Ye yummy fresh bread, baked, surely by the farmers rosy cheeked buxom wife very early this morning.Seems like fiction, but this is really what I saw yesterday. but alas, this morning I turned my back on the old country and let myself be transported back to sunny Italy. My suitcase is unpacked, the cheddar cheese is in the fridge, my daughter is happily clomping around in her new pink crocs and in the words of a certain Dorothy, "there's no place like home..."

6 comments:

  1. Awww, so now she's got her own "things"!! :D I still find that so cute, that she didn't know whether to call them shoes or sandals so she just called them "things"..
    She'll love them, I'm sure. Alexander still refuses to wear anything else.

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always lovely to come back to a familiar place again.
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks remarkably like a town near colchester I visited a year or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow..you back already?
    We happy!
    Lovely, LOVELY shots of real England.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...