Wednesday, June 27


It's almost midnight and one little girl is tired and ready for bed. But she knows that the road home is steep with many steps. She also knows that she is to heavy to be carried anymore, but she tries:

"Mummy! My legs are not working anymore!"

"Come on, I know you're tired but I can't carry you, you're too heavy."


"You can't carry me? Because I'm not 3 anymore?.....I wanna be 3 all the time! Not 4."

"You'll never be 3 again, and you know that next year you will be 5
."

"No Mummy! I want to be 3, only 3!"

"Well, if you're 3 then you won't be able to go out in the evenings with Mummy and Daddy. 3 is too small to stay up late."

"Well...I want to go out wiv you...but I don't want to be bigger."

"But if you don't get bigger you won't ever be able to go to DisneyWorld."

"Yeah, I know (sigh). We go when I'm bigger enough...Mummy? I'm not tired anymore but my legs are really not working very well."

5 comments:

  1. What an absolutely adorable kid you have :). And I love your dialogues. Did you ever consider writing a children's book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious! I love how you used Disneyworld to get her to agree that getting bigger can be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest was very upset when she figured out that I could no longer pick her up. I was upset too because it meant that she was no longer my "baby." So, I went and had another child! My second will be 4 in a couple of months and she is inching her way at being too big to be carried too. I'll get over it this time, as we have no plans to try for a third! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. They grow up too quickly....sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely adorable. Benedica.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...