Wednesday, September 5

Positano ballet

Every year in September there is a ballet concert on a stage on the beach. This town is linked to the ballet by the Islands which were once owned by the Russian ballerina and choreographer Leonide Massine, whose name is given to this prizegiving concert.
For the first time in years I made the effort to go and watch, dragging the family with me. We sat on a fishing boat on the side of the stage, Carlo sat on the sand in front. A bottle of prosecco was passed around as dancers whirled and spun in front of us. At one point I noticed that people in the audience were smiling and looking over towards us. I turned around to see Skye, standing behind me in the fishing boat, arms in the air, swaying, copying every move that the dancers made, and clapping with glee at the end of every piece.
I have decided to mark my photos, after a few cases where other websites have used my pictures without permission or credit. I know its in the middle of the picture, but if anyone wants a copy of a certain picture without the watermark please email me. Oh, and if anyone wants a kitten....Tonight the Church is holding a special mass to pray for Raffaele and Angela.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, how are you ever going to take those kitties away from Poppy without a fight?! lol How cute. :)

    I think it's a good idea that you watermarked your photos.

    Raffaele and Angela continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely... How cute of little ballerina Poppy.

    That is very thoughtful of the community to come together to pray for Raffaele and Angela. The power of prayer can and will work wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds dreamy.
    I wish I could have an italian gatto.

    My prayers are with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ballet must have been lovely!

    How do you watermark your photos? I looked into it once but I couldn't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog. It really open my eyes about Positano. Lovely photos too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...