Thursday, September 6

I am very sad to say that Raffaele didn't make it.

This photo and email was forwarded to me and I am sharing it with everyone who prayed for him and for everyone that knew him. I didn't know him personally but saw him every day on the pier. I know he will be sadly missed by many many people and my heart goes out to all of them.

Questa mattina intorno alle 08.00 Raffaele ci ha lasciato per andare a navigare in quel mare Eterno e Infinito che tanto amava.
Sulla Spiaggia Grande si sentirà profondamente la sua assenza per il suo prematuro viaggio per il destino comune.
Ci mancheranno il suo sorriso, la sua ironia,la sua simpatia.
Questo suo ritratto che gli ho fatto negli anni '80 è quello che desidero
sempre ricordare e fare ricordare agli amici positanesi.
Ciao, Raf, massimo cap.

16 comments:

  1. Such sad news Nicki. He certainly possesed the most beautiful and intense pair of eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, I got tears in my eyes from reading that email. Such a horrible way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope people will learn from this tragedy. My thoughts are now for Angela. She must be strong.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad for Angela now...at least he suffers no more! Positano has lost a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sad Nicki. I'm trying to work out from the old photo who he is. Would I know him? M xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUCH A SAD AND TERRIBLE WAY TO END A LIFE. I WISH HIS WIFE AND FAMILY ALL THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very upsetting. My prayers are with allthose who knew and loved him

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very sad. May his soul rest in peace. And, may Angela be given all the inner strength, courage and healing she needs. My thoughts go out to all those who knew Raffaele.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. That is just so sad. I was hoping for a happy ending to this story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a lurker that had to come out of hiding for this. It's so heartbreaking. This kind of tragedy could strike anyone, anywhere, anytime. So sad..I'll keep his widow in my prayers. Will there be a fund set up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too was hoping for a happy ending...how terribly sad! May he rest in peace. I will continue to pray for Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sad...My heart goes out to his family and Angela. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My thoughts and prayers for the loved ones he left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is heartbreaking news. I am so sorry for Angela. Che triste.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...