Saturday, December 6

Bar Primavera Sorrento

In Sorrento there is a well known gelateria called Bar Primavera. Every Christmas they make a Nativity Scene, known in italian as a presepe. This years presepe took a month to make and was made with 450 KILOS of chocolate!

The scent of chocolate is so strong that you can sell it already as you walk through the main square. If you happen to be in Sorrento this Christmas be sure to visit Bar Primavera and admire the presepe, while maybe trying one of their hot ice-creams!

10 comments:

  1. Wow that is absolutely fantastic...it makes me want to fly right back to Italy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely marvellous = I can smell it here in Brussels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely marvellous = I can smell it here in Brussels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMMYYYY!!!I feel a tummy ache coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to find out what they do with it after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can smell and taste it all the way on this side of the pond! We were in that bar last July. I wish they had that beautiful artwork then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nell said
    My daughter Serena commented that thee village of chocolate would not exist if she were there, although she admires all the work and effort it took to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He does nice work, when I've spoken to him, he's been a very congenial guy. He has two pastry making cookbooks out, one of which is in English.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was in sorrento this past may and visited the most amazing gelateria i've ever eaten at. it seemed to be really popular, had many many many adventurous flavors, and had thousands of pictures of customers and famous people all over the walls.....is it the same gelateria you're speaking of???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...