Saturday, April 11

Easter Parade in Positano

Driving around town on Venerdi Santo (Good Friday), Slye borrowed my camera and took this fantastic shot. First of all you see the view, then maybe you notice the wing mirror and the reflection in it of the photographer and the driver. Then, with a small skip of the heart you notice the white hooded character sitting on the wall:
We parked up further on and watched the sombre Easter procession pass by. As the little red hooded figures walked past, one by one they broke out of character and waved, called, "ciao Skye!" She hesitantly waved back, whispering to me, "who are they Mummy?", not recognising some of her schoolfriends underneath the hoods.
There was another procession in the evening and the road around town was festooned with candles lighting the way down to the beach. I was out at dinner with friends in one of the beach restaurants, and we watched as the procession arrived just as our dinner was served. All the lights were turned off and the piazza was left glowing with the flames of hundreds of candles. A silence fell as we watched the procession pass by.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures. I think that you will be buying another camera before you know it as Lila is a pretty good photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is such a great photo..well done to lila..

    The hooded person made me jump!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing photo! Hope you all have a nice Easter holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! What a great photo! I miss the Italian Easter festivities :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just seen a Semana Santa procession in Spain, and it really was a very creepy affair. The hoods they wear there are enormous pointy things - at least the one you saw had some colour to it. This one was all black and white and almost sinister to watch. Interesting though, and I'm glad I saw it!

    Well done Lila for the great pictures though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She has your photo taking talent!
    I watched the procession on tv they had in little Italy in Toronto, very sombre. I'm bad at parades happy or sad they make me cry.
    You wouldn't be seeing hooded people walking around here in white, Klu Klux Klan is what they remind me of. Lila caught some amazing shots. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo! I love reading your posts about the holidays in Italy. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful shot of the town on the hillside. I think children make the best photographers, their perspective is always fascinating!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not a parade, it's a procession. There's a difference. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...