Tuesday, October 13

A few days ago everyone in town was very excited and curious when a helicopter suddenly appeared and swooped down towards the cemetary. It then hovered alarmingly close to the crosses and angels and let down a cable onto which big bulky 'somethings' were attatched and away it flew up the mountain where it deposited the load and returned for more.

Of course Carlo had already phoned me to tell me that the helicopter was helping shift heavy rocks that were too heavy to be carried by man. Helicopters often are used here for transporting heavy goods to difficult to get to places, water-tanks, building materials etc.

However, I had great fun that afternoon down on the pier because of course everyone wanted to know what was happening and came to ask me. My favourite answer was that they were moving the whole cemetary bit by bit to another location...the look of horror on peoples faces was priceless.

12 comments:

  1. that's funny...that was my first thought that they were rearranging some of the tenants at the cemetary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless...I can just imagine...rofl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their faces must of been a picture...as you say priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People believed this story?! Well they deserved it then :)

    Cheers
    Holli in Ghana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your are an imp, they probably just about wet their pants , not to mention wanting to get away and tell the rest of the town what they had just learned{allegedly from you]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gullible people have no boundaries! Good to hear you are having a bit of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you cruel girl! hahaha just kidding, very funny! I agree with Gil...

    it's funny how you never think about something like that (moving huge boulders on a steep slope) until it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suspect your story is all round Positano by now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Charlie,

    I live in Texas, and love your blog. Tell folks its okay, Figs & Lemons is a nice escape for a Texas gal who doesn't think any less of them.

    Sometimes I dream of an escape too! More power to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha Ha. That's funny (that they believed it) Your story probably the gossip of the town.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have paid to see the looks on their faces!! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...