Thursday, November 12

The Cotswolds

Even though it threatened to rain I decided that I was going to spend the day in the Cotswolds, a beautiful part of England that I haven't visited for years. I wandered around the quaint little villages with my Dad, imagining what life would be like living in them...
..."I don't know if I would like it," said Dad, "all these tourists wandering around peering in at your windows and getting in the way.." I rolled my eyes and replied that Positano wasn't really much different in that sense. "Oh, yes, you're right, I didn't think of it like that," he replied.
I noticed quite a lot of old fashioned sweetie shops around, with huge jars of sweets and candies lined up in the windows. We went in and bought cough candy for Dad, and sherbert swizzle sticks and sherbert lipsticks for me and Skye.
It started to rain, but it didn't matter because I saw this sign outside a tea-room:
So we ducked inside and settled down to a Cotswold cream tea with fruit scones, strawberry jam and thick clotted cream. Bliss!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a piece of mid evil heaven...clotted cream gets me everytime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlie, did you get my reply to your comment on my post? Would love to get together, but I don't have an email addy for you. Can you get in touch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Perfect for a dull rainy day. In Accra I can't imagine what cold is!!! We're running at 35 degrees celcius pretty well every day. And the rainy season is over, so we won't see a gray sky till May next year... sigh. I will have to imagine it through you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful! As you know, I do long to go to the Cotswolds...thank you for taking me along with you and your dad today! It looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cotswolds! Clotted cream!!!
    You are killing me.
    dollyna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you got there.

    I am back home in Australia in the sun, making Amaretto floavoured gelato in my ice cream maker, and looking at my photos from that day I went to Positano after the storm, and you were sweeping up the shingle on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to figure out which village you visited! I love the old fashioned sweet shop, not many of those around. Funny that your dad didn't see Pos in the same way as this village (tourist trip)!!

    Shame about the rain, but the Scones and cream made up for it :-)

    Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. god, I don't even know what half that is, but it sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cosy shop, a pot of tea ,scones and good company, what more can you ask for. I adore sherbet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm...that menu looks so enticing. I could really go for a crumpet with butter and honey right about now....

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this! I feel like I just spent a day in Brighton, the Cotswolds and having afternoon tea, like a little slice of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dog sweaters are Abercrombie Polos available in styles ranging from v-necks to Abercrombie Polos turtle necks and of course everything in ed hardy Hats between including hooded sweaters as well as knit ones. When it comes to your dog's Ed Hardy Sale warm dog wardrobe selections, sweaters are definitely a must have item.When Ed Hardy Swimwear the nights get even colder though and the basic sweater will just not do it for your dog, then Ed Hardy Swimwear you may be in need of a jacket or coat as well. There are Ed Hardy Swimwear many of these available too and they come in styles like checker trench coats, fabulous ed hardy swimsuits fleece jackets as well as promenade faux fur coats styles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...