Friday, November 6

end of season

Yesterday I had planned to hop on a flight to the UK...
But when I woke up the sun was shining and the air was balmy an I still hadn't packed a bag even though the flight left in four hours time. So I sat and had breakfast, debating whether to make a mad dash for the airport or not until there wasn't enough time to get there anyway. So I spent the afternoon on the beach instead.

Everthing on the beach except for one restaurant and one bar has closed down for the season. It felt empty and a little bit abandoned, but there were a few people around to talk to. I sat on the pier for a while, comparing the difference to a month ago when it was teeming with life and boats. The sun ducked behind some raggedy clouds at one point, casting everyone in front of me into silhouettes. One of the fishermen had drawn in a crowd who stood around watching as he reeled in fish after fish. Gradually it became dark and everyone drifted home. I decided to stay just a few more days, just to make sure the season has really ended.

10 comments:

  1. beautiful photos:) I enjoyed following you through the summer too

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful photos...it must be really nice having the beach all to yourself again. happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a nice, peaceful day to just sit back and relax. What a wonderful place to do it at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking us through summer...and now through the end. A personal situation prevented us from coming out this year, but I was able to get some of the highlights from you!

    Yes, stay around for a few days more, you might catch
    another nice day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And then the rain came...and today it was gorgeous again...how can you ever decide when to leave with such a weather?
    dollyna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have just booked a flight.... I'm getting in early with an Aussie early bird special.... see you next September for one whole glorious month... and I'll be bringing lots of your soaps back with me... I'm rubbing your Fichi and Olive butter stick into my hands as a type xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those last days of summer are hard to leave behind, enjoy and squeeze the last of foo the summer nector.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I must look positively provincial as I gaze around the supermarket with its huge amount of choice."
    That IS one of the best sentences you have ever written. Plus I so get it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dog sweaters are Abercrombie Polos available in styles ranging from v-necks to Abercrombie Polos turtle necks and of course everything in ed hardy Hats between including hooded sweaters as well as knit ones. When it comes to your dog's Ed Hardy Sale warm dog wardrobe selections, sweaters are definitely a must have item.When Ed Hardy Swimwear the nights get even colder though and the basic sweater will just not do it for your dog, then Ed Hardy Swimwear you may be in need of a jacket or coat as well. There are Ed Hardy Swimwear many of these available too and they come in styles like checker trench coats, fabulous ed hardy swimsuits fleece jackets as well as promenade faux fur coats styles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...