Tuesday, January 25

We've been having all sorts of weather here lately. Laura from Ciao Amalfi (just down the road) posted on how humid it was on Friday, here's my version of her photo to show that she wasn't exaggerating! We currently have towels placed under every window to mop up the puddles of condensation.
Then just by chance the other day I spotted this whirlwind, known as a tromba d'aria or a tromba marina. A few hours later there were rainbows in the sky!
The temperature dropped overnight and suddenly there was snow crowning all the peaks. Here's Vesuvius doing a great impression of Mount Fiji:
And here is Positano, looking very alpine like. I was very lazy and took this photo from the car this morning. I didn't even get out of the car, it was so cozy inside!

9 comments:

  1. whoa! that whirlwind photo is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband said the same thing about the drop in temperature there. Has the fire lit but all it does is smoke. Very pretty pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and after a tiny glimpse of sun yesterday we're back with rain ...
    hubby and friends went on an expedition up there in the snow and couldn't make it the top, that's how much snow there is!
    dollyna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I don't blame you for staying in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of the mountains. I think the Amalfi coast was where I first saw a tromba d'aria, quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! Though just thinking about what all that humidity would do to my hair makes me shudder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos! Nice shot of that whirlwind... the mountain--beautiful despite the weather. I have friends who planned to have their Italy tours by April. They asked me to help them plan their travel. Would recommend them to visit the magnificent Amalfi coast. Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao! Love your version of my snail on the window picture. And that rain spout is really something!! Aren't you loving these sunny and DRY days? :-) Ah ... the house is drying out a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...