Friday, December 14

In 2012...


1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Don't you hate it when you can't even answer the first question? I really don't know what I did that was new this year apart from using a pedalo as a mode of transport rather than as a beach accessory.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I never make any and probably won't this time either.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes,  in January we said Goodbye to Gloria. She was an amazing American woman who lived in Positano for many years. You would always find her either on Salvatores boat or sitting on the pier, taking in the sun and the beauty of the sea. I spent many an hour sitting with her, sharing problems and life stories. She was the most inspiring and calming person I knew.

5. What countries did you visit? Nowhere new this year, just England.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? More time to enjoy life rather than spending it sitting in an office. I will have this in 2013!

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 31 August. The day my Dad moved from the family home of 30 years.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being calmer. And actually finishing my work contract...that was hard!

9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to be in England to help Dad move house due to work.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My kindle! Where on earth did I get books in English from before that?


12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My Dad because he took the move so well. I was worried but he loves the new house.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The despicable person that started a fire on purpose in the mountain above Positano this summer. The fire raged out of control and burned for days, ruining the pine forest and acres of land. Helicopters and Canadairs worked non stop for days to put out the blaze.


14. Where did most of your money go? Into the pockets of my landlady.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Selling the family home!

16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Shake it up by Florence and the Machines.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? Happier, probably no difference in size and richer!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Travelling, there was just no time.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Sitting in an office!

20. How will you be spending Christmas? In Dads new house, trying to finish unpacking the boxes from the move and then down to Cornwall for New Year.


21. Did you fall in love in 2012? Not with anyone new.

22. How many one-night stands? Same as every year, 0.

23. What was your favorite TV program? Relocation, Relocation, Relocation...I'm obsessed with property searching at the moment!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, I can't be bothered to waste energy and thought on such a strong feeling.


25. What was the best book you read? True Vines by Diana Strinati Baur, Hunger Games trilogy, Kissed in Paris, Fake Kate, Me Before You, The Night Circusand more but I can't remember the names..
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Rather than naming a band I'm going to say that my best musical discovery was asking on facebook for music recommendations. I got so many great songs and bands recommended to me by friends that I renewed my whole playlist!

27. What did you want and get? The possibility to change the way my life will be.

28. What did you want and not get? A whole day off in the summer.

29. What was your favorite film of this year? I didn't watch many new films but a strange thing happened the other day. It was raining so I put the Sound of Music DVD on for Skye and I ended up with tears rolling down my face EVERY time they sang! I am so NOT an emotional person when I watch films and still can't figure out why I was so wimpy!

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 38 and went to Ischia for a couple of days with a girlfriend. Her friends there were amazing, I had never met them before but they held a party for me and even clubbed together to buy me a lovely warm sweater!


31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Central heating.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Simple. I had to dress appropriately for work so my style was stifled. But with some friends we started a outfit of teh day group on facebook to inspire each other with what we wear.

33. What kept you sane? Knowing that the work day was split into 2 4-hour shifts with a 3 hour break inbetween. Four hour chunks made it so much easier to get through! Knowing that 'this too shall pass'.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Tom Ellis. Discovered in 'Miranda' which really had me laughing out loud and then I found him by coincidence in 'The Secret of Crickly Hall'.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? Not to get too deep here I'll say the ridicolous new Italian laws on naming a baby..I probably wouldn't have been allowed to call my daughter Skye if she had been born this year!

36. Who did you miss? My UK friends, my mum and an ex-friend who left Italy at the end of last year.

37. Who was the best new person you met? Kate! A new friend who's many life experiences reflect my own. We talk non stop and I'm really glad she's coming to live in Positano next year.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. This too shall pass. It's true, bad times, mistakes and unbearable moments happen whether by choice or not but time passes and everything changes. This too shall pass...I probably should have had that tattooed somewhere...but I won't..

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Regrets collect like old friends ,
Here to relive your darkest moments 
 I can see no way, I can see no way
  And all of the ghouls come out to play 
And every demon wants his pound of flesh 
 But I like to keep some things to myself 
I like to keep my issues strong 
It's always darkest before the dawn
And I've been a fool and I've been blind 

 I can never leave the past behind 
 I can see no way, I can see no way
  I'm always dragging that horse around 
 And our love is pastured such a mournful sound 
Tonight I'm gonna bury that horse in the ground 
 So I like to keep my issues strong 
 But it's always darkest before the dawn

4 comments:

  1. I was almost upset with you for a while for not mentioning going to Sweden, until I realized that was last year! Haha! Yay for year-end memes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful read... looks as beautiful as ever over there... shame about the fire... there are some real morons out there.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to live...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey very cool web site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?I am satisfied to seek out a lot of useful info right here within the publish, we'd like develop extra strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
    Breast Cancer Hospitals Jaipur

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...