Friday, December 20

Ice Skating in Sorrento

For the Christmas period a skating rink has been set up in Sant'Agnello, just before Sorrento. We decided to avoid the evening crowds by going earlier in the afternoon. Brilliant idea, the rink was all ours! (I think here they were praying for no broken bones to the ice-rink gods, I certainly was.)
Oh, yeah, skating in bike helmets is the done thing in Sorrento..
Apparently mummies do not often partake in skating in this part of the world, they watch from the sidelines and worry quietly. Well, not this Mamma! I was almost more excited than they were...
But not quite as excited as Rossella was...
Lacking coordination for the group photo, thank heaven there was a leg for me to grab onto or I would have been a gonner..
There we go, legs spread, everybody steady, SMILE, it's Christmasss!
After ice-skating in my part of the world we sit down to hot chocolate  with whipped cream (or possibly mulled wine), but being in Sorrento we settled for pizza....heart shaped ones for some...
And the Pizza Mitico for me...
I also very nearly ended up buying a puppy...as you do when you go ice skating... Dear Ice rink people, please do not build your rinks near pet stores with squidgy pug babies in them, very bad idea indeed...
Ice Skating at the entrance to Sant'Agnello train station €5.00 for half hour, (Our half hour lasted 50 minutes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...