Monday, January 20

Time to kill near Sorrento

The trouble with opting to go to school in Sorrento instead of Positano is that due to school events you often don't have time to go home and come back again. Take for instance the recent Christmas concert. We had 2 hours to spare between the end of school and the start of the concert and it wasn't worth going home and coming back again.

We decided to drive up to Arola, a small village in the hills above Piano di Sorrento.
We walked through the woods which were more autumnal than Christmassy..
And eventually came out onto a hillside with another big iron cross on it. And we all know that in Italy where there are crosses there are views...
This one overlooks the Sorrento Peninsular..
Hmmm, we could probably get some fun photos here...Stand on that rock...no, not that one..
That's the one!
Now, pose, aim the camera just right....Hmmm, not quite, let me show you how...
Like this, weeeeeeeee! I believe I can flyyyyyy...
We played around for far too long and eventually got back in the car and drove down to a little area called the Belvedere to watch the sunset.
No trying to fling ourselves off rocks here...
But we did spend a while pointing out places we knew, far down below.
And that is one way to kill time near Sorrento.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nicki , a great way to spend an hour or two,, providing the weather is good too you :-) Are you crazy jumping up and down on that rock edge ,,Yikes that gave me the shivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, there was grass underneath, you can see in the photo before!

      Delete
  2. It's on our holiday to do list - a walking holiday on the Sorrento peninsula - perhaps in 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO for it! I recommend either spring or autumn. Avoid the summer if you want to hike, it's too hot!

      Delete
  3. Hi Nicki, I love your photos and the way you live. I dreamt of it all my life and never did it yet.. wishing you all the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris! It's not all exciting, there's lots of normal boring bits inbetween! But the views are always amazing!

      Delete
  4. Hi Nicki, I just went to your blog as a result of your new following (me) on Twitter. I LOVE it! Now following and can't wait to read about your time in one of my favorite places on earth! I was in Positano one year ago and am anxious to return, but will be going to Rome, Venice, and my family in Modena in May for my next trip to Italy. I hope to be able to stay in touch through our Italian blogs and learn more about your new life in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, not sure about new life, its been about half my life already! If you get to Rome, you;re not that far away really, day trips are possible...if not long!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe the beautiful views that you capture on your walks. I look forward to your beautiful pictures and write ups about these exotic places. It took a lot of guts to jump on that rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gil, don't worry, that rock wasn't dangerous!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...