Tuesday, January 5

1st January, a new beginning.

A year and a half has gone by, what happened? Nothing terrible at all, just a bit of laziness, some reluctance to overshare and doubt that anybody cared anyway. Well, you know what? I care...I look back through this blog, 9 years of our lives recorded here in small detail. I see Skye grow from a toddler to a teen, I see my writing and photos and am amazed at myself for being so inspired. I dont want to loose that.

I have been fine without blogging but I have also missed it, I've missed that daily urge to get up and do something, to find something to write about, something to remember. Life passes by too fast and times change so quickly. When I first started blogging it was a new and exciting thing that not many people knew about..there were so few of us that I was actually in the Top 100 British Bloggers!! Imagine that, damm, if I'd kept it up I'd have been set for life!

I think I might try again for a while, for myself you understand..My content might change slightly, after all I've been living in Positano for 17 years now and have blogged about most events and things to do in town. I never wanted this to be a guide to the town so I'm going to mix it up a little, see what happens.
The last day of 2015 was spent with my little family on the beach. We walked down just before lunchtime and chatted with people in the piazza, wishing them "Auguri" for the New Year. After a seafood lunch we sat on the beach and watched the last sunset of the year, before climbing back home and spending the evening warm and happy at home, watching films. We could have gone out. After midnight on New Years Eve in Positano a huge party kicks off on the beach. But for some reason we couldn't be bothered to go, who knows why? Maybe the 465 steps to the road played a part in it.
Checking in on facebook later, I was relieved to see that many friends had also opted to stay in for the evening, so it wasn't just me!
What did you do, stay in or celebrate?



8 comments:

  1. I too stopped blogging, I think because of Facebook.
    For New Year's Todd and I stayed in and watched movies. Marina went out with her boyfriend and his family and celebrated playing board games. So ya nothing too exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of us original bloggers seem to have stopped by now, I admit facebook is easier, but I feel more at ease to write more on a blog! Well, lets see how long it lasts! Marina and her boyfriend!! Hasn't time flown by!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I remember bringing her to daycare and now she is in college and has a boyfriend (4 years now). She's 18! She's really good at doing make up too at least better then me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely to read your blog again Nikki! I have missed the stories from your neck of the woods. My daughter and I have been to Positano a few times now and I love the familiarity of your blog. The first visit we stayed in Praiano, the second time in Montepertuso and last year in Positano itself. We often walked along the coast road as well as up and down the stairs from Montepertuso (half expecting to see you in passing)
    Funnily enough we saw you in Casa e Botega having lunch last September (love that place!) Do keep bloogging as there are loyal readers out here who enjoy your stories. There are quite a few walks and places that I read about on your blog that inspired me to visit while I was there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Paula, it's lovely to get some feedback after so long!Next time you're here do say hello if you see me around!

      Delete
  4. Yay! I've noticed your blog posts this week but had missed this one until now. I'm so happy you'll be blogging more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have stopped blogging and feel a bit guilty about it. It is nice to look back over the years of posts and see a record of our lives.
    Of course, we think that your's is much more interesting than ours!
    I helps me to remember that May is just around the corner . . . A presto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to see that you're blogging again! Every now & then I checked your blog but when I hadn't seen a post in quite a while I almost deleted your blog from my bookmarks! Glad I didn't! I look forward to seeing what you will be posting in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...