Thursday, January 7

7th January, wasn't expecting that..

Lovely sunny day today, the sort of day that if you want to get somewhere on time you won't because you can't help stopping along the way to take photos of the bright blue sea.
All of our Christmas cards from abroad arrived in the post today as well, which is great as I've just taken all the decorations down. Maybe I'll save them for next year.
I took the dog out for a walk this afternoon. It was a bit late and was already getting dark, so maybe not the most sensible idea to go traipsing round a mountain path to a pine forest, but, hey, this is Positano, it's safe here, isn't it?
So, of course when I walked around this rather dark woodland corner I got the fright of my life when I came face to face with a big bearded man holding a huge shotgun. Yes, just what you expect to come across while out walking the dog.
I stopped and froze, he looked at me and...(at this point I totally thought he was going to shoot me for some reason) he laughed. He stood there holding a massive rifle and laughed at me...the bastard.. I asked permission to walk past, he nodded, murmered that he was only hunting, and I ran.
Yes, I ran along that very narrow clifftop path in the photo.
I stopped to admire the view, heard him shoot at something back in the woods and decided not to double back on myself and find another way down to the road just to be sure.
What exciting things happened to you today?

10 comments:

  1. OMG...what a sick feeling I had reading that account of your day. And you've never seen him before? Where'd he come from, I'd want to know. I don't know if I could follow you on that ledge, I may have to take my chances with the hunter if I was there.
    Nothing exciting happened here so far. Just work work work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd seen him around before so knew he was local. And when I got home I descrived him to Carlo, he knows him too, so all OK. I have seen hunters in the mountains before, but not so low down and at twilight! Sorry if I scared you!

      Delete
  2. I felt the same as Lucia. I wondered what was going to happen .Nothing exciting here either. Cold wet and miserable unfortunately. loving your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, sorry to scare you too! It feels good to be back and I suppose after such a long break, if I dont have strange things happen to me every day like today, at least I have a big backlog of stories to tell!

      Delete
  3. Like the first photo :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely to have you posting again. I've been hoping to see and hear more about beautiful Positano. Makes me want to return...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to hear from you and your corner of the world. That would be a fright to run into on a twilight stroll! I wonder what he was hunting and whether it's legal on whoevers property where he was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was hunting some sort of bird...he was looking upwards and I can't think what else it would be....wild boars are in the area, but much higher up, I was on a well used path, too busy for boars!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...