Saturday, January 9

9th January, winter walks.

If it's not tipping it down with rain I try to get out for a walk every day. There's not a lot else to do really in the winter. Today I met some English tourists on the beach who asked me what time the shops were going to open...
"Um, around Easter-time, I should think," I told them. They thought I was joking until I explained that this is a seasonal town and really does go into full shutdown mode in the winter. They thanked me and ambled off to the church. Unfortunately that was shut too...
So, sometimes I walk the mountain pathways, sometimes I loop around town, or along the coast road towards Praiano. If I don't have much time I'll sort of jog down to Fornillo Beach, along the main beach and back up home again.
 Please take a second to admire this photo, as I didn't run away in time from the wave and got my feet totally drenched. Of course then I had to walk  squelch home, Oh, so glamorous...
 Anyway, every walk I take is stuffed full of beautiful views, lovely scenery and show the changing seasons along the Amalfi Coast. Most days I take photos or snapchat as I go. So if you want to join me,and often Holly too, on my daily walks around town (and get an idea of how many steps I climb every day) please follow me on Snapchat and keep me company!
My Snapchat username is 'Nikinpos'.

Flights climbed today: 78 floors
Kms: 7.16

9 comments:

  1. Firstly, thank you for your self sacrifice that offered us a beautiful picture and cost you wet shoes!
    I suppose winter time is difficult there, but isn't it more interesting? The colors are so different and vivid due to the winter light.. Almost unreal, like a painting.
    Hope it doesn't rain too much today and enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the winter light is beautiful, and the colours of the sea even more so. It was lovely and warm today, sat in the garden in the sunshine!

      Delete
  2. The shops open 'sometime around Easter' ... LOL!
    I always enjoy your strolls around town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I felt so sorry for them, but they should have done some research first!

      Delete
  3. The shops open 'sometime around Easter' ... LOL!
    I always enjoy your strolls around town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots as always, I can't remember my snap chat id...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicki - do you know the reason for that demarcation line in the sea? The water is turquoise and then very dark blue in your photo. Is that seasonal? I usually visit Positano in September and have never noticed this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,
      Yes, it usually only happens in the winter..I'm not actually sure why but Now you've inspired me, I'll go ask a fisherman!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...