Friday, February 12

A place to sit

In the summertime, if I'm not out and about around town I like to sit here around 6pm and watch the boats coming in for the day. I will often bring a cup of tea from home and more often that not I will be followed by Holly or the cat or both.
 In the summer there are frequent passers-by, tourists coming down from the Pathway of the Gods, some brave souls who decide to climb up instead of getting the crowded bus and intrepid explorers who don't want to miss out on any part of town.
 But in the winter I feel like it's all mine. I rarely see anyone except the occasional locals who are happy to stop for a chat. None of the visitors that pass by in-season ever want to stop to chat, why is that?
 In the winter you can see the sun setting from here into the sea. Now, mid February, that time has almost finished, the mountainside blocks the sunset from view but the skies still turn dramatic colours. Today I sat with Holly (see photo above as she photobombed the view) and Kitty joined us too. The three of us sat until it got cold and then returned home for hot tea and treats.

9 comments:

  1. big sigh...if I win tonights lottery you'll see me coming around the mountain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun sets later here now. Hate when it's dark before 5.30pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alomar in bermuda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!! You did it! you figured out how to comment on the blog!!

      Delete
  4. Next time I will bring a flask of tea and join you and Holly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must both come and visit next time,you're welcome to stay a night too if you want seeing as there are so many steps!

      Delete
  5. Next time I will bring a flask of tea and join you and Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we stayed in Montepertuso in September 2014 we looked out for you every day on those steps and certainly would have stopped for a chat! Not many brave souls, tourists or locals, were on those stairs as it was quite hot. Last September though we spied you in Casa e Botega but felt like stalkers if we had said hello.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nicki,
    Thanks a lot for this blog and its very nice photos about maybe the most beautiful village in the world ! (well, from all the ones I've seen till today, of course). You're very lucky to live here. When I win the lottery soon, I'll settle here too.
    Best Regards,
    Olivier
    ps - sorry for my english (I'm french)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...